I'm inspired from the the mix n' match in design and art that exist everywhere, and to mix things up I write to collect some of my ramblin' thoughts and adventures, enjoy..

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

ninety. years. old

Today my one grandmother (Nannie) is 90 years old.
She is healthy, hip and ready to celebrate her birthday party in 2 weeks!

Born in the 1920's and still sporting her flapper style sense . . .


Words can't explain what an inspiration she has been throughout my life. One of the most admirable, independent, and sweetest ladies in the world.
Few memories I have:

Her Ferragamo closet/collection... 'til this day.



Visits to Nannie & Captain's in Manhasset, NY
(building 'real' igloos & snowmen in the winter | the bay & sailing in the summer)



On my 10th birthday, I flew to New York by myself (remember how cool it was to fly alone?) Nannie took me into the city to shop, have tea at The Plaza & to see Eloise, then a broadway show, CATS!

McDowell Family Reunions @ Seneca Lake, NY
( McDowell Cottage 100th Reunion she rode around town on our cousin's harley)




FUN FACTS ABOUT FRAN:
She is a World Traveler.... and she hasn't stopped traveling yet.
Thailand is one of her favorite places to visit, along with these favs: Australia, Antarctica, Guam, Bali, China, Turkey, and Africa. And after my grandfather passed she spends every February in Hawaii. The February after I graduated from college I went with her for 2 weeks...ahhmazing.

She has a photography obsession (a billion photo albums and slides).
She is a chocaholic (fudge is her fav).
 She has a shopping addiction.
I was born on her and my grandfathers anniversary.
 Lately, we cheers with vodka on the rocks... I could go on and on with memories.
Happy 90th!!!! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment