I'm inspired from the the mix n' match in design and art that exist everywhere, and to mix things up I write to collect some of my ramblin' thoughts and adventures, enjoy..

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

happy nesting&feasting

The final pieces of furniture for my (somewhat new) studio apartment arrived within days before hosting the first dinner party of the season. All this means is that the boring part is over and let the fun begin... my studio is desperate for some pop of color and art! I kicked off the studio decor with some practical items to create a cozy atmosphere for the upcoming feast.

The eye-catching prints, sales, and window displays at Anthropologie never keep me from browsing.
(living around the corner doesn't help).
First stop, sale. I spotted the last 2 pillows with every color fringe on one side and a modern print on the other side... can't bake without printed pot holders... why not grab some ceramic tiles while leaving the cluttered, sale section?!
I could get lost and wake up everyday in the home section of a.n.t.h.r.o.p.o.l.o.g.i.e! One can never have too many printed cloths laying around. I found a navy toned floral table cloth that can be used for any occasion and fits a rectangle or round table. I saw these charming seat cushions with groovy prints and remembered that my 2 white folding chairs on my balcony could stand some ass comfort when used inside.

My studio is furnished in browns and black with silver, modern lamps as accents. This round silver tray accents my square leather ottoman as my coffee table. I will use this tray for entertaining and decorating!

the creativity continues to unwind; decorating never ends!

No comments:

Post a Comment